A: As announced last year, Nokia acquired Withings and has recently accelerated the process of rebranding the Withings Health Mate App and devices into Nokia products. You can read about the biggest changes from the Nokia team HERE, with some highlights below:
- The Withings Health Mate App has been updated to be the Nokia Health Mate App.
- Nokia Health Mate App supports all Nokia-branded and Withings-branded trackers and devices.
- Validic's list of supported devices has been updated to include the re-branded Nokia devices and their new product names, where applicable. All of the previously supported Withings devices are still listed as well.
A: The Standard Validic Marketplace has been updated to reflect the Nokia branding. Withings is no longer represented in Standard Validic Marketplace as a brand. Additional updates include:
- Data updates from Nokia/Withings devices will continue to use "Withings" as the source of the data. This is because updating the source name field to "Nokia" would introduce a breaking change for many Validic customers. The source field will be updated in future versions of the Validic API at a future date TBD.
- The apps.json API call (sometimes called the "Custom App Marketplace" API call) has also been updated to reflect and host the Nokia branding including the app name, logo, and description fields.
- The expanded apps.json API call will now list both the individual Withings and Nokia devices. For example, both the Withings Activite Steel and the Nokia Steel devices are listed as being supported.
- The profile.json API call will still reflect "withings" when Nokia is connected in the marketplace.